Spirit uses your environment to provide messages to you. (e.g., orbs in pictures, faces in clouds, receiving similar information from multiple sources about a topic that has been top of mind, hearing a song on your iPod that evokes a memory or emotion)
If you are interested in receiving messages from Angels, you can use numbers in your environment (e.g., digital clocks, hotel room numbers, numbered items given to you, receipts, license plates) to receive messages. For translations of these number messages, I recommend Angel Numbers 101 by Doreen Virtue.
To ensure this is truly working in my life I have created “rules” with which I want Spirit to adhere if they are genuinely trying to communicate a message to me:
- I must receive the message at least twice. If it is an important message, I will continue to be sent the numerical message in various ways until I receive it.
- The sequence of numbers must be the same, but it is ok if there are extraneous preceding or appending numbers (e.g., 1224, 24, and 524 all suggest to me that “24” is the number message that is being communicated).
- However, if there ARE preceding or appending numbers to the string provided, the series of numbers must always be either at the beginning or at the end of the numbered string (see previous examples above) not in the middle of the string.
- When I receive a message, I will be filled with an “ah-ha” feeling or a sense of accomplishment in solving their riddle.
I have also created rules for myself to adhere to so Spirit understands I am open to receiving their numeric messages.
- I pay attention to objects in my environment that are numbered, but rely on Spirit to call my attention to specific numbers I need to focus upon. In other words, I am open to receiving a message through a cash register receipt, but I don’t scour every receipt for a message—I only do so if I am drawn to look at it for some reason.
- I do not assume every single number I see has a message for me—I wait for the message to be presented to me at least twice in a short period of time (generally within 24 hours) before I get excited.
- Except in the case of repeating numbers (see #5 below) I focus on receiving one message at a time. (e.g., Again, using the string above, 1224, 24, and 524, I do not look up “12” or “5”, because the repeating value is “24”, so I determine THAT is my message.)
- Since the reference book I’ve chosen to use only provides messages for values of 0 to 999, I only look for repeating values of up to 3 numbers in length. One note: Doreen Virtue recommends breaking down large numbers (e.g., 219524 becomes 219 and 524 and then combining the meanings of those two.) However, I’ve chosen not to embrace this suggestion.
- I understand that it is possible to receive a single digit message, but that is not as common. I assume that any messages I receive are in blocks of 2 or 3 numerals. However, I don’t want to miss any single digit messages. So my rule is that if the message is a single digit message, it will be repeated (e.g., 33, 444, 55). In the case of a repeated numeral, I will focus on how the message is presented each time (e.g., If I receive 433, then 3:33, then 203, I know that my message is “3”. However, if I am uncertain, I will look up both 3 and 33 with a conscious knowledge of how my body feels when I say each number aloud and read the corresponding message for each. I know that the number that feels better in my body is my message.
- After I receive confirmation, I always look the number up in Doreen Virtue’s Angel Numbers 101 book. I read the passage carefully and thank the Angels for their message.
If you choose to receive messages through numbers, I recommend you define your own parameters for how you will receive messages. This will help build your confidence in the validity of the messages you receive.
Examples of how number messages have presented in my life recently:
- On a recent trip, we checked into a hotel room ending in “23”. That night, the restaurant in which we wanted to dine gave us a pager numbered “23”. Spirit got my attention in this example by my experiencing an overwhelming feeling of deja vu when I looked down at the pager which quickly coincided with remembering our hotel room number.
- On a different recent trip, the time of our departure flight was 3:10 p.m. and the number of the bus we took from the long-term parking lot was 310. In this case, Spirit got my attention by the bus driver driving off without us as we approached the bus stand. We had to walk further to the next stop. The driver was apologetic but I was annoyed and looked to the front of the bus to locate his name or identifying number. I read the placard that stated the bus was number 310. I don’t recall seeing bus placard numbers prior to this instance or on subsequent trips. Obviously, I needed to have a reason to look, and being left behind provided that reason. After I received the message, I calmed down and a feeling of empathy replaced my annoyance for the driver because the windows were filthy due to melting snow, making it difficult to see out. I put the incident at the back of my mind until we entered the terminal and looked for our flight’s departure gate. I noticed that it was leaving at 3:10 p.m. and the two un-related identical numbers coalesced in my mind and I knew I had been given a message. When I read the message, I laughed at the irony of the method employed to send the message that also reinforced the messaged. “310 – This is a strong message from the spirit world asking you to keep your thoughts high, bright, and positive. God and the ascended masters will help you lift your thoughts Heavenward, if you’ll ask for their help with this.”
Suggested Tip: We have both the pocket book and Kindle versions of Angel Numbers 101 so it is always readily available to look up a message that has been received.
Enjoy your messages!