From time to time, I feel it is helpful to step back, focus on myself and ask WHY.
- WHY am I doing _____________?
- WHY do I feel this way?
…which might spark a few WHO questions:
- WHO am I?
- With WHOM do I surround myself?
…and a few WHERE questions:
- WHERE am I going?
- WHERE will I end up?
…and possibly a few WHEN questions:
- WHEN will I arrive at my destination?
- WHEN will ____________ happen?
…and maybe a few WHAT questions:
- WHAT motivates me?
- WHAT do I want to accomplish?
…and then a few HOW questions:
- HOW am I going to get there?
- HOW will I know if I’m on the right track?
After I wrote this blog, I sat down with pen and paper, centered myself, and asked each question. It was a fun exercise because it was a way to “check in” with myself and acknowledge in writing some of the thoughts that have been circling at the back of my mind. I hope you find this an enjoyable exercise as well.