Every psychic medium has his or her own style. Our perspective is that it is the professional’s responsibility to inform prospective clients of the reading style that will be used as well as how to prepare for a reading with the psychic medium. Unfortunately, many professionals do not offer this guidance. Therefore, the following generic guidance is offered.
During a Live Psychic Medium Session
- When you arrive in the professional’s office, you call, or you connect with the professional via the internet for a scheduled appointment, the psychic medium should greet you and spend a few minutes putting you at ease.
- The psychic medium may offer to record your session. If this is not a service offered by the professional, you may desire to record the session on your own. A reading goes very quickly, and it is difficult to retain all the information that is translated just by listening and taking notes. A recording allows you to listen to the session again.
- Energetic boundaries should be established for the reading. Examples the professional might employ to do this include: reciting a prayer, explaining how he/she is connecting with your energy, or stating what entities he/she will be working with on your behalf.
- The professional may either allow you to ask questions initially or may translate information to you either psychically or from Spirit.
- It is important that you are actively engaged in answering any questions the professional asks (e.g., “Does the information I translated make sense to you?”) but refrain from providing too much information. You’ve hired the psychic medium to speak, so you should allow him/her to do so.
- The session should end by closing the connection with you and Spirit. Examples the professional might employ to do this include: expressing gratitude or explaining how he/she is disconnecting from your energy.
Understanding Mediumship vs. Psychic Information
Many professionals focus on either mediumship or psychic information. What is the difference?
- Mediumship – If you wish to speak with a dead loved one, you can either ask to communicate with a specific person using the name you called the person (e.g., Patty, Mom, Michael) or allow the medium to scan the room and tell you who is present for your session. During a mediumistic session, as Spirit first arrives, evidential information will be provided to help you validate who is speaking to you. Spirit may or may not provide a name. When the medium begins to share this initial information, you might be asked to validate the information that is translated. Please let the medium know when information shared from Spirit resonates with you (e.g., “Yes”, “No”, “Maybe”). This helps provide validation to you regarding who is speaking to you and allows Spirit to know the right “frequency” has been achieved to effectively communicate with the medium, and ultimately you. Once Spirit has effectively demonstrated his / her identity through the evidence presented, you will be invited to communicate with your loved one. You may ask or tell your loved one anything you wish. Prior to your reading you may wish to write down a list of questions or topics you wish to discuss with your loved one. If you wish to speak with angels or spirit guides, you can make this request as well.
- Psychic information – If you would like psychic guidance, please have at least 5-10 questions written down that you would like to ask during your session. Please read this blog if you would like guidance on the types of questions to pose. A psychic session consists of the client posing questions followed by responses based upon the connection with your energetic aura.
Although you may be amazed by the information you receive from a professional psychic medium, it is important to remember that you alone are responsible for your life. We recommend the following guidance in relation to the information you receive:
- When receiving messages through a psychic medium, it is important to always ask your own intuition and logical mind if the information makes sense before acting on any guidance provided.
- Before making a major life decision, guidance from a psychic medium can be used as an additional perspective to add to your own deductions before making a decision. However, guidance from a psychic medium should not be used as your only guidance.
- Receiving guidance from a psychic medium does not absolve you of making your own decisions for your life. Humans are blessed with free will. You are solely in control and responsible for your life choices.
- A psychic medium reading is not psychotherapy. If you need psychiatric or therapeutic care, please seek psychotherapy services from a licensed or registered therapist.
If you would like more information regarding what to expect in a psychic medium session, please read through the blogs posted under the Psychic Medium FAQ category.