The theme that thoughts, giving voice to those thoughts, and taking action on those thoughts creates reality is not a new concept. This “law of attraction” has been expressed in various ways by numerous authors, self-help gurus, and motivational speakers for many decades. And even hundreds of years if you include the Bible.
Yet, this is not an easy concept to implement. I have been pondering this overarching concept frequently of late. Although I believe you can think and speak your reality into existence, I also believe that it is the antithesis of mainstream teaching, media bias, and societal norms.
Although movies such as “The Secret” have received widespread acclaim, it is still a concept that is difficult for many people to embrace. We live in a fast food society that wants instantaneous tweeted results. Unfortunately (or more often fortunately) the law of attraction isn’t instantaneous.
After pondering this for a long time, I’ve come to the conclusion that the reason that our thoughts don’t create instant reality is that God, the universe, or whatever entity aligns with your belief-system, is giving you the opportunity to change your mind. So, a little effort is required to speak your thoughts into existence.
- Consistency: Train your brain to be consistent. If you are constantly pushing back and pulling forward a thought, it creates chaotic energy. Focused energy creates reality.
- Belief: Boldly state your desire as if you were experiencing it at this very moment with all of your senses. Write affirmations as if they have already occurred or are in the present moment. Be faithful in your belief.
- Energetic Alignment: Like energy attracts like energy. A recent analogy I learned was an energetic boomerang. What you send out is what you get back. So if you are feeling a lower vibration emotion (e.g., fear, anger, jealousy) that is the vibration level which you will receive back. If, on the other hand, you keep yourself at a higher vibration with emotions (joy, gratitude, good health) that is the vibration level that will boomerang back to you. Align your heart’s desire emotionally to ensure your reality will be created in alignment with your heart’s desire.
- Big Picture: Take action but don’t sweat the details. Don’t stymie yourself by panicking at trying to figure out how you’re going to accomplish your desire. Focus on taking one step toward your goal. When your intuition gives you bread crumbs (e.g., a thought comes into your head that you should call a former colleague with whom you haven’t spoken to in a few years) take action. The relevance of taking a specific step may not make sense to you as you’re moving toward your goal. It may only become clear in retrospect.
So, back to the title of this piece…I don’t actually personally want a pony, but that is a desire of many children. Think about when you were a child and you really thought that you could do anything you desired. Shed the “adult brain” for a while and believe again that opportunities are limitless. The point of my title is to remind you to think, voice, and act on bringing your BIG dreams into reality.
- Don’t create the reality that you still have a little money left at the end of the month after paying all of your bills. Speak into reality that you have an endless supply of money.
- Don’t create the reality that you hope your winter cold doesn’t last very long. Act on bringing wellness into reality by choosing healthy food choices, taking precautionary measures, and stating the belief, “I’m never sick.”
- Don’t create the reality that you have a job. Think in minute detail about your ideal career. Create the perfect workspace, co-workers, customers/clients, income, etc. for yourself in your mind. Think about this ideal situation as you wake, before you retire to bed each night, and throughout the day. With each thought, tweak the scenario to more perfectly suit you.
Tell me about your new “pony” below.