Every day we have a choice about the information we allow to settle into our minds. Our minds are like fertile ground—open to whatever seeds we plant there. I have found that for me, I am constantly balancing the information that comes into my mind. I think it’s important to stay informed regarding current events. I also value staying in touch with family and friends. However, much of what is happening in our world today is not pleasant. One tool I use to balance staying informed with maintaining good mental, physical, and spiritual health is to employ guided meditations.
You can use guided meditations for many different purposes. Here are a few suggestions of meditations I use and the purpose for each.
- If I’m anxious about something and just need to BREATHE and relax, I recommend, “The Ease of Being“
- If I need to do a little forgiveness meditation, I recommend, “Deepak Chopra, the Soul of Healing Meditations“.
- If I feel that I’m not in balance and need a little chakra tune-up, I recommend the first CD of, “Chakra Balancing: Body, Mind & Soul“, or A Chakra Meditation.
- If I just need deep, healing sleep I recommend one of these Kelly Howell CDs: “Healing Meditation” or “Deep Sleep“. Her CDs are interesting in that she’s incorporated brain wave therapy into her CDs. These 2 are delta waves, which is supposed to promote detached awareness, healing, and sleep.
- With our recent release of Kent’s Automatic Writing MP3 Audio, I now have a suggestion for a good guided meditation to do automatic writing!
What meditation tools do you use?