Everything has an energetic vibration. Your pets, grass, trees, words, entertainment, Spirit and of course other humans walking this Earth among all of us. Kent and I have both been sensitive all of our lives—including feeling empathy for others on a cellular level. Developing psychically has raised this sensitivity exponentially.
I feel we all exchange energy on a daily basis with those we meet. The trick is to have healthy boundaries so you don’t take on someone else’s lower vibrational energy (e.g., melancholy, anger, sickness, etc.).
Over time, Kent and I have learned numerous techniques to clear our energy. Here are a few for you to incorporate into daily life.
1. Energetic Finger Comb Shower – We learned this from Erik Medhus through Jamie Butler and have paraphrased below what he taught us.
- Mentally visualize yourself taking an energetic shower.
- Picture a shower of white or golden energy cascading from the top of your crown down over your shoulders.
- You can visualize or actually use your hands to comb through the energy to help clean off the energy that is no longer needed, allowing it to go down the drain into the Earth and recycle into something useful.
- Using Erik’s wisdom, this should be part of your hygienic routine. Shower with soap and water AND energy daily.
2. No Sharing – This comes from a massage therapist we know.
- Consciously think about the individual emotions you are experiencing. Then ask yourself, “Does this belong to me? Is this my energy?” If the answer is “no”, let it go.
- A shortcut is to just state 3 times, “I release all energy that does not belong to me.”
3. Balance or Grounding – This comes from one of Kent’s teacher spirits.
- Stand on level ground outside, preferably directly on soil or grass.
- Face East.
- Raise your right hand in a comfortable position so the palm of your hand is level with your face and is pointed in the same direction as your nose.
- Raise your left hand in a comfortable position to a 90° angle with your palm facing the ground.
- Close your eyes and visualize gold-white light energy surrounding you.
- Ask your spirit teachers/guides to put energy in your right palm (you may feel a tingling).
- Visualize any memories, thoughts or emotions that are bothering you. Examples might include: something that happened at work, in your childhood, and anything that makes you feel lower vibrational emotions such as anger, hurt, sadness, resentment or grief.
- When a memory comes up, allow it to replay in your mind. When you start to feel the emotion, state verbally or in your mind, “Mother Earth please take this”. As you state your requested intention to Mother Earth, visualize, hear or feel the memory and the attached emotion flow down your arm and into the earth. The earth is like a magnet and will recycle energy that you release.
- Continue to allow thoughts and memories to be presented in your mind’s eye for you to release into Mother Earth for about 15 minutes. If more time is needed, you can extend to 30 minutes, but you should not go beyond this duration. The goal is not to exhaust yourself but simply to release current heavy energy that you may be carrying around in your energetic field like emotional baggage. It is actually more effective to do the exercise consistently and more often rather than for long lengths of time.
- When you are done simply take a deep breath and let it out. Thank your teachers/guides and Mother Earth and open your eyes.
How do YOU clean your energetic field?
[…] good for me, though, to determine that I need more ways of protecting my energy. In previous posts (Energy: You Keep Yours; I’ll Keep Mine, Protecting Your Energy) I’ve shared information regarding protecting your personal energetic […]