Although there are a lot of similar questions asked by sitters when we communicate with Spirit during a mediumship session, “Is my deceased loved around me?” is the most frequently asked question I receive.
The answer varies of course—sometimes the deceased loved one comes and goes; sometimes the loved one isn’t around much at all; and sometimes the loved one is ever present.
For clients who have frequent visits from their deceased loved ones, the next series of questions that are sometimes asked (and many times pondered, but left unspoken), are:
- Does my loved have a front row seat to everything I do and say?
- Is my loved one judging my actions?
- Is my loved one watching me sleep?
Again, the answers to these questions vary, but the important concept to remember is that although your deceased loved ones have free will, they will generally behave in a manner that comforts you.
Does my loved have a front row seat to everything I do and say?
- If you WANT your loved one to be a constant companion to you, watching your actions and hearing your communications with others, you can ask your loved one to shadow you everywhere.
Is my loved one judging my actions?
- No, not in the way that humans judge one another. My experience is that Spirits observe their loved ones in an objective manner. Your deceased loved one may see the results of your actions causing you discomfort and may send you a hug, but generally, loved ones in Spirit aren’t in the game of “I told you so”. I may sense your loved one cringing on your behalf for a decision that maybe wasn’t your best choice, but I don’t generally sense judgment, shaming, harsh criticism, or other similar feelings. Your loved one may opine about past choices, but it’s been my experience that loved ones will reference past choices to guide you, not to criticize you.
Is my loved one watching me sleep?
- Do you WANT your loved one to watch over you while you sleep? Then ask them to do so.
Communicate Spirit Boundaries
As I’ve written in other blogs, boundaries are just as important in your interactions with non-corporeal entities as establishing boundaries in your physical life with other corporeal beings.
I have rules (boundaries) for Spirit in regard to how they can interact with me in my home, when I’m working, and in my daily life. The rules I have established are different for one of my cherished deceased loved ones than the rules I have established for a client’s deceased loved one.
I set my intentions with my own thoughts and reinforce my intentions with my protectors. You can do the same. Talk to your deceased loved ones. Communicate with Spirit to share your desires for their interactions with you.
…and remember, YOU are in control of your interactions with Spirit.